Bruno Chariot – What is it?
This groundbreaking product lifts and stores your unoccupied scooter or powerchair (weighing up to 350 lb/160 kg) outside your small, mid-sized, or large car at the touch of a button. Simply roll your mobility device on the platform from either side, hit a button, and let the Chariot do the lifting for you. Self-tensioning retractable belts are included for securement (one hand operation).
- Swivel Wheels – the lift follows precisely, even when driving the vehicle in reverse
- Independent Suspension
- No jackknifing
- Fully Powered – Makes lifting and storing your scooter or powerchair outside your car virtually effortless – one button operation
- 350 lb/160 kg lifting capacity!
- Safe/Reliable – 3rd party tested: Extreme rough road conditions, laboratory testing, and environmental operating extremes
- Drive on/off either side of platform – no reversing necessary
- Platform folds easily using one hand
- Retractable belts are included for securement (one hand operation)
- Access rear vehicle hatch simply by lowering lift a bit (most hatchbacks)
- Standard lighted license plate holder (for use in some states) and light package, including running and brake lights, turn signals
- Manual backup system
- Optional corner markers
- Optional spare tire
- Can be powered by the vehicle’s battery or the optional Bruno Pow’rPac (a self-contained power supply that is charged through the vehicle’s power port). Allows unit operation even if vehicle battery is inoperable.
- No structural modifications to your vehicle – mounts to your vehicle’s class I or class II frame mount receiver hitch (not included)
- Can reinstall on your next vehicle
- Plugs into vehicle’s Flat-4 wiring connector (required)
- Works with small, mid-size, or large cars (check with your local Bruno dealer to confirm compatibility with your vehicle)
- Sales, installation and service provided by our factory-trained network of dealers
- Bruno Valet™ Signature Seating complements your Chariot for a total mobility solution
To use this seat, the consumer (end user – with or without attendant’s help) must be physically able to do the following:
- Walk from the front to the rear of the vehicle and vice versa
- Stand two to three minutes
- Drive mobility device on/off platform
- Hold down a button on the control arm
- Secure mobility device – lean over, release lever, connect hook to receiver on mobility device and then engage lever (all can be done with one hand).